How can aero clubs get involved?
- If you are interested in hosting your very own FunFlight Day event, you can download the event manual here or contact us at email@example.com for more information.
- Once you have read the event manual and have decided that you would like to host a FunFlight Day event, please register your attendance here. Once we have received your registration, the FunFlight Events Team will be in contact for your next steps.
How do FunFlight support FunFlight Day events?
- If you decide to host a FunFlight Day event, the FunFlight team will help support you in the planning of your event. As an aero club, your responsibilities would be to organise pilots, planes, volunteers and the logistics needed for the event. We also have a knowledgeable board of directors who are able to answer any aviation questions that you may have. The FunFlight team will help assist you with:
- Promoting your event to much needed families through registered charities.
- Setting up a registration page for your event where families will book their tickets.
- Providing you with all documentation needed for the event including disclaimer forms and photo media release forms.
- Providing merchandise needed for the event including caps, banners, boarding passes and wrist bands.
- Reimbursing your aero club with the aeroplane fuel cost to run your event.
Pilots – FunFlight Captains
How can I volunteer to become a FunFlight Captain?
- If you are interested in volunteering to be a FunFlight Captain, please check if your local aero club is participating. If they are participating, please register as a FunFlight Capitan here and indicate which event you will be flying out from.
- If your local aero club is not participating in FunFlight, it is recommended that you promote this event to your club and encourage them to participate. Otherwise, you are still welcomed to register as a FunFlight Capitan here and we will find a nearby event that can use your help!
- All FunFlight Captains must meet our minimum safety requirements outlined in the registration form. If you do not meet the minimum safety requirements, please continue to complete the registration and we will send you a special consideration application.
Can I become a FunFlight Captain without being associated to an aero club?
What if I don’t meet the minimum safety requirements?
- If you don’t meet the minimum safety requirements, please continue to complete the registration and we will send you a special consideration application.
How can we get involved?
- You can view the available FunFlight Day events here.
- If you are an Australian registered children’s charity or not-for-profit organisation that would like promote FunFlight Day events to your organisation (in particular children under the age of 18) and their families, please register your charity here.
- Once you have registered your charity, you will be sent the link to the available events to send to your families to book their tickets!
How long does the flight go for?
- The joy flight will go for 15-20 minutes.
How can I attend a free FunFlight Day?
If your child is facing adversity and if your family would like to attend a FunFlight Day, please ask your associated charity if they are registered to participate. If they are not, please ask them register here. Your associated charity will then be given the links to the events which you can register your attendance.